OUR READERS

Monday, 25 February 2013

Paranormal World

        
The paranormal world is full of mystery, facts, myths, but the question is do you think any of it exists? There so many questioning about the paranormal world. It is nothing like ours, for ours is made of people with lives and families and the paranormal one is made up of spirits and ghosts and scary things that have no one but themselves. People, trapped between life, and death, are forced to walk the earth, invisible to everyone else. There are shows, movies, and even books on this topic.


I am sure many of us loves ghost stories. Most afraid as they might get nightmares while there are those who loves listening to the stories, especially if they are true accounts while there are those who chases after horror movies, the scarier the better. These days, the silver screen is always filled with horror movies especially those from Japan, Korea and Indonesia.


There are many kinds of beliefs in this world about the types of ghosts. One of the more popular types of ghosts in our local culture are the Malay ghosts. Of course, there are also the Chinese ghosts, English ghosts and even Indian ghosts depending on religion, race and beliefs. For example, a vampire is an English ghost version whereas Malays simply knows them as “pontianak” and Chinese as “Kiong Xi”.    


Malays believe that ghosts are usually only active at night especially during the full moon where it is belief to be the most powerful time for the underworld. According to Islamic teachings, there is no such thing as Ghosts. Muslims believe that 'Ghosts' are in fact jinns while in Buddhism, there are a number of planes of existence a person into which a person can be reborn, one of which is the realm of hungry ghosts. There are some of common Malaysian ghosts and spirits such as pocong, pontianak, toyol, pelesit, hantu air, kum kum, hantu raya, bunian, orang minyak, hantu penanggal and hantu jepun.


Pontianak is a vampire seen as female, long hair, ugly face and wearing white dress seeking for revenge. It is also said as the spirit of woman died of childbirth. They usually comes out after the sun sets searching for men or pregnant women to suck blood. Ghostly children know as toyol  used by the owner to steal other people's money. They are green in color, have red eyes and alsobald head. Because the toyol is kept by people to do bidding, they have to feed it with blood everyday. The ghost of the Japanese soldier or Hantu Jepun refers to wandering spirits of dead Japan military personnel, who was once stationed in Malaysia, and around the Southeast Asian region during World War 2. These spirits are often seen wandering in full uniform, bearing arms or swords, or walking around headless or carrying its head. Take the Malay College Kuala Kangsar in Perak as an example. Lastly the famous one is Orang Minyak which is known as “oily man”. They are usually seen all covered in black oil and is said to love rape virgins.


Personally I don’t believed before in ghosts and the other things that exist in the paranormal world until I  had a scary experience with them when I was teenager. One night when I was 13 years old, I’m ninety nine percent sure I saw a ghost or some form that night. I have a bad memory to begin with so for me to remember this night is very significant. I was lying down in my little crib, when suddenly for some reason I woke up in the middle of the night. I turned my head to look at the window and there it was, a man in all white. He come near me and I heard the strange sound. It exactly shaped like a person, but it was definitely a ghost. I tried to pray and scream, but nothing came out. I felt so scared. Since that day, I believed the paranormal world is exist.


     This was a very scary experience for me. Although it happened to long ago I can remember it just as good as if it were happening right now. Believe it or not, but that is my true story. It could or couldn’t have been a dream, but I doubt it because it was so real. People are scared of the unknown and unexpected and that is what this is all about. You never know where they are, what they can or will do, and who they used to be or never were. But the question is, do you believe now?




                               



No comments:

Post a Comment